Friday, January 06, 2006

To: Hawaii Dave

I just emailed Aaron about Affirmation tonight. I think your suggestion is great. So don't get feisty and don't think that I'm ignoring your comments. :) I read every comment that is made on this blog, and I love every one of them (even if they are angry ones).

I figure it won't hurt to check out Affirmation. I'll report back.

Two posts in one night ... I guess miracles do happen ...

Also, check out the new poll. Pretend that one of them says, "meet people through affirmation."

4 Comments:

Blogger David Walter said...

Great, GM!

I'll look forward to hearing that how goes for you.

And I'll try not to be feisty...

Dave

2:58 AM  
Blogger David Walter said...

Regarding the poll, how about adding:

-- Mutual friends/parties

-- Social organizations/shared-interst groups

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, make sure you let us know how the Affirmation thing goes. I, for one, have been considering going, but I don't know anything about them.

11:30 AM  
Blogger David said...

I agree with Hawaii Dave's comment. I think the best way to meet people is through other people that you know. If that is not possible or not a good idea for whatever reason then the shared-interest groups are your best bet.

The key thing I look for in new friends is how they make me feel about myself. Do I feel accepted as I am, do they make me want to be a better person, do they expect me to change myself in order to conform to a mold they are comfortable with.

There are good an accepting friends out there. Don't stop looking until you find them! They're worth it and so is your happiness.

In the mean time, be the type of friend you want to have in your own life.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home