Saturday, February 18, 2006

This Gay Mormon Will Be WORKING IT!

Good news!!! I am gainfully employed! I had an interview last week, and then I got an offer this week! I can't tell you how excited I am about my new position. I think it will lead me in the direction I want it to lead me. We'll see. And I'll certainly keep you posted. I'll be doing account management stuff (or so it seems) for a technology company. I'm excited. I know I’m being vague, but I don't want to get dooced. I'm sure you understand.

Of course, being employed has its drawbacks. As we speak, I am being removed from my parents' payroll! They had hardly said congratulations before telling me that they will be removing me from their health and car insurance policies and that they are going to transfer my car loan into my name and that they will forward me my student loans, etc., etc.. Ugh.

This "real world" thing can be a little depressing. I sat down and figured out my budget, and it doesn't look like people were meant to survive on entry-level salaries. Actually, I am very grateful for the salary I do have. I feel very, very lucky because I have friends who are making much less. I honestly have no room to complain. Nonetheless, I can see that my disposable income isn't going to be very disposable. I'll be needing all of it to survive.

Horray for the real world!

6 Comments:

Blogger Seth R said...

Congrats man! I hope it is everything you hoped it would be.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Some Like It Hot said...

Good stuff, I am really happy for you.

3:18 PM  
Blogger David Walter said...

Congratulations, GM!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jason Lockhart said...

Hey, I'll add my congratulations too. That's awesome. Thanks for dropping a line at my blog.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great news. I'm very happy for you! Good luck!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Silus Grok said...

Felicitations!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home