Wednesday, February 01, 2006

All written items are binding ... I hope.

I can think of a lot of things the number 5,000 might describe ... the number of Q-Tips in a carton at Costco ... the amount of cattle on a ranch ... the model number of an electronics device ... the number of people converted to Mormonism every hour. But 5,000 should NEVER describe the number of partners a person has had in his lifetime! Holy crap!

When I first read that, I thought, "Whatever makes him happy." Still something about that really didn't sit well. I couldn't really put my finger on it at first, but then it hit me: that dude was just using all those men. That's why it's wrong. He didn't/doesn't care about them, because we all know that "caring" extends beyond hoping the next piece of meat is disease free. Sure, that guy probably had consensual sex with all 5,000; however, he certainly hurt many of those men. And he just used them to get off. That's wrong (in my humble opinion).

Soap box ends here. < /soapbox >

Well, the date is set for tomorrow. I'm excited, but I wanted to report that I have set boundaries for myself. I've decided that I will not do anything with this guy tomorrow. He's not really done anything to prove that he cares about me. In fact, he's kind of done the opposite. Not worth explaining right now, but there is some indication that he is playing me. It's hard to say at this point. In any case, as hot as he is (and trust me, he is FRICKING hot), I don’t think I'd be satisfied or happy with myself if I were to just give up my virgin lips to some guy who doesn't care about me. I don't want to be one of this guy's 5,000. Oh lordy, that's definitely the last thing I want to be.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd report my commitment here so that I can be held accountable. If I end up kissing this guy or – heaven forbid – going further, then I will face consequences. Consequences that I will let you, my loving readers (except for that hateful anonymous dude who commented at the end of this list of comments), decide upon.

That should motivate me to keep my word.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey GM,

I've never commented before, but I've been following your blog recently.

Good luck on your date tonight, but keep to your boundaries. They're good to have and good to keep. Only you know what you're ready for.

I wish you luck tonight, but don't do anything you're not ready to do. Just becuase you're on a "gay" date doesn't mean that you have to "forget" how you feel about kissing/groping/more on a first/second date...no matter how HOT he is.

As HOT as TDH is, I guarantee you, when you find the love of your life...HE will be HOTTER!

~Scott

11:04 AM  
Blogger meg said...

So I just voted in your poll. Sadly, it is very typical for gay men to do more on a first date.

But don't do it. You will only have regrets. You need to do what makes you happy and comfortable.

If things aren't going the way YOU want them to, say so and stop it. You'll be happy you stuck to your morals, I guarantee it.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Commendations for making a decision beforehand. I know, from my limited physical experience, that my brain tends to turn off when the rest of me gets turned on. So it's hard to be smart sometimes.

The more you know yourself and your boundaries, however, the easier it will be to say no and mean it if things start to go beyond your conscious decision.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to the recap later. :D

1:16 PM  
Blogger DCTwistedLife said...

Hey there,

I'm glad you were able to come to a decision for now. But, I would say, stick to it unless you really feel that he DOES care and that he ISNT taking you around the block. I think you will know if thats the case. You're in control....do what makes you comfortable. But I highly doubt that anyone will come and chastize you if you report back that you had your first kiss...or more even. Most people on here arent very judgemental (barring a few certain people...). Anyways, from experience I can say that being too cautious will often lead the other person to say screw it...and then you lose your chance. There's a fine line there....

Best,

-DCTL

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GM,

At this point, suppose you do take the next step. Are you sure you want to be reporting your activities on this blog? Didn't you say that some family members know about this blog? If you start giving intimate details about your first physical experiences, how comfortable are you with having them be read by others who know you?

Also, have you considered that others who know you might also know that you are the author of this blog? How may people have you told about this blog? Can you really trust all of them to keep it a secret?

I'm not telling you to stop posting (I love reading your entries). I'm simply pointing out that more people who know you probably know about your blog than you might realize.

4:02 PM  
Blogger eleka nahmen said...

In my humble opinion, it is of more benefit to give away one's virgin lips (though it be with a slate of meaningless hoochies) in order to actually become skilled in the fine art of kissing, so that one can then make use of such a fine talent upon those who actually matter.

You don't want the love of your life, when you finally meet him, to have that special first-kiss moment spoiled by his knowing immediately that you really have no idea what you're doing. Think of the mortification..

Good luck on the date. Don't think about it so hard - it's a date, not a marriage. If you make out with him, don't then attempt to throw yourself out of your window. It's really not healthy - even less healthy than you may feel making out with a guy would be ;)

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home