Friday, April 21, 2006

Conan O'Brien is easily the funniest late night talk show host.

Nothing happening in my life right now. Just work. And South Park. And Will and Grace.

I told two more friends. Both are struggling with the church. I think that's why I felt so comfortable telling them. They were fine with it. They always are. I'm realizing that people just don't care that I'm gay -- i.e., they don't think any differently about me and they don't have time to analyze my issues when they have problems of their own to worry about. I guess I knew this beforehand, but it's nice to have it confirmed. I'm glad they have reacted as I anticipated they would.

It's funny how three of my closest friends have "lost" their testimonies in the last while. I'm really lucky because all my friends who have fallen away from the church are really down-to-earth, non-hateful people. None of them resents the church; they simply don't follow it or believe it much these days.

Please don't respond to the last paragraph with hateful church comments. For the record, the majority of my close friends are still active, church-going Mormons. The four of us are definitely exceptions to the Mormon rules.

Can I just vent something right now ... I really want to meet a good-looking, nice Mormon guy to date! That would be great! I just wish I could date someone who understands the religion issue. I realize that this will not likely happen -- especially in this area -- but I can dream, can't I?

Okay, that's all for today.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I'm really disappointed in this blog that had such a promising title. :)

I'm glad you are finding people to be more accepting than anticipated. It must be better than being surprised by some kind of disownment.

I think that even those who might struggle with your situation eventually realize that you're still you. (As Josh Groban might say)

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eventually can seem like a long time to wait.

Glad to hear from you, GM. Those homo momo boys are out there, and if that's what you're looking for, I'm confident it will come your way. Serendipitously. ;)

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to meet gay Mormon guys, what do you plan to do to achieve that goal? Are you ready to see who you might meet through a gay Mormon organization? Why not travel to the next gathering of Affirmation? You may be surprised at how much like yourself some of the people you meet may be. You can also post personals, whether in a print publication or online. But simply sighing, "I wish I could meet gay Mormon guys" is not enough; you have to be pro-active in life, or life will pass you by without you reaching your goals.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Gay LDS Actor said...

I have confidence you can find someone who understands the religious issues. You just need to look for them and not settle for somebody less than what you're looking for.

11:58 PM  
Blogger el veneno said...

Good to hear from you GM and good to know you're doing all right.
A friend who recently attended an affirmation meeting said that everyone there was 10 years older than him--but they definitely could help point you in the right direction.
You're in the bay area right? I know at least one other fella down there who may know more. If you're interested in looking up here in Provo, I could direct you to a whole mess of myspaces and the like.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home