Monday, April 24, 2006

Down Time

The reason I haven't been posting lately is twofold: 1) I had some big projects at work and 2) I've got nothing new to report.

Things are just kind of ho-hum for the time being. I'm not complaining. It's nice to have a period where nothing is really happening. Even on the boyfriend front, nothing is really happening. The doc has been out of town for the past 2 weeks (he's been looking for housing in his new city). That's why nothing new has really happened.

Actually, that does bring up a new issue ...

With the doc leaving, I'm starting to realize that I'm going to have to find new friends ... again. I feel like the past year of my life has been a constant friend-making experience, which is good and bad. It's good because I have a lot of new friends in a lot of different areas. It's bad because though I love friends, I'm not a big fan of the "friend-making process." The whole "getting to know you" part just isn't the most fun. I realize it's a necessary evil, and that it can be fun. I'm just venting. This is my blog -- I can do that.

Anyhow, I am a little disappointed that I haven't made many "close" friends in the past year. I've moved around so much, it's been difficult to establish really deep, meaningful friendships -- though I have succeeded with one or two people. Unfortunatley, they don't live anywhere near me. I mean, even the doc falls into this category. I've become fairly close to him, but he's leaving in a month or so.

My new objective for the year: establish close, meaningful relationships with people in my area who plan to stay in the area.

Okay, well, I'm off to find more friends. I'll let you know how things go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GM, best of luck in your hunt for friends.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! how are you? I have enjoyed reading your blog for over a year now, but I have never posted anything before. Don't ask me why...anyway, I have recently found a cool website that I think you should check out! It's http://www.gayrms.com/ There are tons of gay return missionaries on that sight from all over! You should look into it for sure. I'd be interested in emailing you too. Could I get your email address?

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home