Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I may be infatuated, but at least I'm not in-fat-u-ated.

I texted him today. Not as good as a phone call, but it was a good ice breaker for me. We had a fun little text convo (probably four or five each), and that was it. I actually let him send the last text because I don't want to overdo it. I can be a little overwhelming, so I'm trying to be careful.

Yes, Dave, I probably am infatuated. I googled it. I liked this analysis of it best (though I didn't spend much time researching the topic). I definitely have many symptoms of infatuation. I'm trying to control it, and that's why you all need to help me!!!

Thanks for keeping me grounded. It really is just a stupid little crush (based in infatuation). I will try to keep that in mind.

Even though I recognize what it is and isn't, this attraction is still so hard to control! Grrr. Gotta hate emotions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beck said...

The article you link to hit me with my current "love interest" that I'm really infatuated with him "because the state of infatuation thrives on distance and frustration". My relationship with "my guy" isn't based in reality.

Is yours? Does distance make it seem more than it really is? Does your frustration seem to drive the feelings as more than they are?

The only way to know is to talk to him and take the next step. Text messaging is a good first step. But like Elbow, I'd move on to calling him. This world of email and text-messaging allows us to hide from reality and be stealthy and unfamiliar - safely testing the waters without much risk. If you want this infatuation to be real, use it to spark action that doesn't rely on the safety net of technology!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home